Details on Vita-C Plus Urgent Rescue®
The Challenges of Maintaining Good Health
Everyone tries to maintain good health year-round, but our modern lives expose our immune system to unknown and outside influences that may affect health. There are steps that can be taken to support a healthy immunity, such as hand washing, drinking plenty of water, and exercise. Supporting immune function through proper nutrition is also important.
Vitamin C: Many Health Benefits
Vitamin C is considered one of the key building blocks in the body and is required for the synthesis of collagen, as well as other substances in the body. It acts as an antioxidant, protecting the body's cells, including immune system cells, from damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen species. In addition to its role as an antioxidant, vitamin C may help strengthen the immune system.
Vita-C Plus Urgent Rescue®: Boost Your Immunity Now!
Vita-C Plus Urgent Rescue® delivers select ingredients to support the body's natural defense mechanisms. It supplies a mega dose of vitamin C, along with essential nutrients like zinc and a blend of botanicals traditionally used in immune support formulas, including Echinacea, Elderberry, Olive leaf, and Rose hip.
BioPerine®, a concentrated extract of black pepper, is an important ingredient in the formula. It enhances the bioavailability of many nutritional ingredients, improving their absorption by the body.
Vita-C Plus Urgent Rescue® is an excellent addition to support immune health. It can be taken daily for ongoing support or as needed for a quick boost. The formula combines antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and multi-herbs to strengthen the body's natural defenses.
- Natural Standard: Vitamin C. Monograph (2011).
- Health Canada: Vitamin C. Monograph (2007).
- Baird, I. M., Hughes, R. E., Wilson, H. K., Davies, J. E. & Howard, A. N. The effects of ascorbic acid and flavonoids on the occurrence of symptoms normally associated with the common cold. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 32, 1686–1690 (1979).
- Douglas, R. M., Hemilä, H., Chalker, E. & Treacy, B. Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold (2007).
- Natural Standard: Zinc. Monograph (2011).
- Shankar, A. H. & Prasad, A. S. Zinc and immune function: the biological basis of altered resistance to infection. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 68, 447S–463S (1998).
- Mills, Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy: Echinacea. Modern Herbal Medicine, 2e. Churchill Livingstone (2013).
- Natural Medicine: Rose Hip. Monograph (2016).
- Natural Standard: Olive leaf. Monograph (2011).
- Health Canada: Elderberry. Monograph (2014).