Extra Strength Colon Flush* not only cleanses and sweeps your digestive tract*, but it also supplies soothing botanicals such as Fennel Seed extract and Marshmallow Root extract, which have been traditionally used for their soothing properties in the digestive system.*
Having a healthy digestive tract is important for overall health and well-being. However, with today’s choices of processed foods and stressful lives, it can be hard to take the time to eat a healthy and balanced diet. That’s why we created Extra Strength Colon Flush*. This product can be used to give your digestive system a quick and powerful flush to help rid yourself of harmful backed-up matter that may be clogging your digestive tract and making you feel tired and sluggish.*
Details on Extra Strength Colon Flush™
Extra Strength Colon Flush™: Cleansing and Acai Support
Extra Strength Colon Flush™ is formulated to improve the elimination of waste from the colon and promote overall digestive performance. It harnesses the power of the Acai berry to help the body function optimally. This product features Cascara sagrada and fiber such as psyllium to promote bowel movements and facilitate internal cleansing.
Cascara Sagrada contains "hydroxyanthracene derivatives," which are broken down by bacteria in the colon to trigger peristalsis, the wave-like contractions that move food along the digestive tract. These derivatives increase the volume of the colon's contents, activate colon motility, and flush toxins from the intestinal tract. They also stimulate the secretion of digestive enzymes and strengthen the muscles in the walls of the digestive tract.[3,4,5,6]
Extra Strength Colon Flush™ also includes Triphala, a combination of "three fruits" that is a mild laxative used to cleanse and tonify the gastrointestinal tract. It encourages proper digestion and overall detoxification. Research supports Triphala's ability to stimulate gastric emptying and digestive flow without the side effects commonly experienced with laxatives.[7,8]
The formula incorporates Acai extract, which provides potent antioxidant protection. The Acai berry is known for its high antioxidant content, as well as vitamins, fiber, and essential fatty acids.
Extra Strength Colon Flush™ includes Fennel Seed, ginger, peppermint, and Marshmallow Root. These botanicals have traditionally been used for their soothing properties in the digestive system. Peppermint, fennel, and ginger help reduce gas and bloating, while marshmallow promotes a protective coating of mucus along the intestines. Slippery Elm is also included to coat and soothe the digestive system and relax the digestive tract.[10-14]
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a foundation of the liquid soft-gel technology used in this product. It helps suspend nutrients inside the two-piece hard capsule and may support gallbladder health and activate colon motility.
Extra Strength Colon Flush™ not only cleanses and sweeps the digestive tract but also supplies soothing botanicals such as Fennel and Marshmallow. It incorporates potent antioxidant protection from Acai extract. This product can be used as a quick flush for the digestive tract to help kick-start a path to a happier, healthier you!
- Pinto Sanchez, M. I. & Bercik, P. Epidemiology and burden of chronic constipation. Can. J. Gastroenterol. 25, 11B–15B (2011).
- Lewis, et al. The Metabolic Consequences of Slow Colonic Transit. Am J Gastroenterol, 94:2010-2016 (1999).
- Yarnell, E. Phytochemistry and Pharmacy for Practitioners of Botanical Medicine. (Healing Mountain Publishing) (2002).
- American Botanical Council: Cascara. Monograph.
- Natural Standard: Cascara. Monograph (2011).
- Tyler, V. E., Brady, L. R. & Robbers, J. E. Pharmacognosy, 9th edition. (1988).
- Tierra, M. Planetary Herbology; An Integration of Western Herbs Into the Traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic Systems. p. 132-166, (Lotus Press, Santa Fe, 1988).
- Tamhane MD, et al. Effect of oral administration of Terminalia chebula on gastric emptying: an experimental study. J Postgrad Med. Jan-Mar;43(1):12-3 (1997).
- Natural Standard: Acai. Monograph (2011).
- Health Canada: Peppermint. Monograph (2008).
- Health Canada: Fennel. Monograph (2008).
- Health Canada: Ginger. Monograph (2008).
- World Health Organization: Marshmallow. Monograph (1999).
- Hoffmann, D. Medical Herbalism: The Science Principles and Practices Of Herbal Medicine. (Healing Arts Press, 2003).
- Natural Monograph: Olive. Monograph (2016).