CoQ10-Plus Optimum Heart Health®* features a wide range of targeted ingredients that support overall heart health including CoQ10 and Vitamin D3.*
- Also included are Fish Oil and Chia Seed Oil that supply Omega 3s.*
- This product also supplies a broad spectrum of botanicals such as Hawthorne Berry, Ginkgo, Cayenne, and Gotu Kola, which are often found in traditionally used formulas to support cardiovascular health.*
- This unique formula utilizes patented BioPerine® for enhanced absorption.*
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a substance that can be naturally produced by the body. It is used by the cells, including heart and blood cells, to generate energy and as a powerful antioxidant to combat free radicals and oxidative stress.* As we age, CoQ10 levels may decrease, so that is why we formulated CoQ10-Plus Optimum Heart Health.
This product can be taken daily for ongoing heart health maintenance.*
Details on Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™
Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™: Supports Mood and Relaxation
At the center of this formula is 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), sourced from the Griffonia simplicifolia, a climbing shrub native to Africa. 5-HTP is the intermediate in the natural conversion of the essential amino-acid tryptophan to serotonin, one of the most important brain neurotransmitters. Serotonin is implicated in the regulation of sleep, mood, and other body functions.
Unlike serotonin, 5-HTP is able to cross the blood-brain barrier to support the body’s natural production of this neurotransmitter. Additionally, taking 5-HTP allows bypassing the conversion of L-tryptophan into 5-HTP, which is the rate-limiting step in the synthesis of serotonin.
Preliminary research suggests that 5-HTP may help support mood and a more balanced and positive state of well-being.
Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™: Additional Ingredients
Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™ also supplies vitamin B6. This vitamin plays a key role in multiple energy-producing pathways in the body and is necessary for proper mental and physical functions. It acts as a coenzyme for many reactions, including the conversion of 5-HTP into serotonin.
In addition to 5-HTP and vitamin B6, Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™ includes traditional uplifting botanicals like Rhodiola, Damiana, and Saffron, which have been used in mood support formulas for centuries. Plus, it delivers a generous dose of the “sunshine vitamin,” vitamin D3, which plays a vital role in mood regulation.
Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™: Enhances Relaxation
Because stress is a major antagonist to happiness, this formula also includes relaxing herbs and nutrients to help fight the effects of stress and support relaxation.
Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™ features L-Theanine, which helps increase alpha brain waves, thereby supporting relaxation of the mind and body.
As a required cofactor for more than 300 enzymatic reactions, magnesium plays an integral role in a wide variety of fundamental cellular activities and metabolic pathways. This mineral is traditionally used and researched to assist with relaxation in the form of releasing muscle tension.[8,9]
This product also contains botanicals such as Holy Basil, Rhodiola, and Damiana that have been traditionally used for their adaptogenic properties. These herbs are known for their ability to support the body’s natural response to physical and emotional stress. In an animal study, holy basil was shown to significantly decrease levels of the “stress hormone” cortisol.
BioPerine®, a concentrated extract of black pepper, is an important ingredient in all Irwin Naturals® products. Clinically studied in numerous trials, this botanical extract enhances the bioavailability of many of the ingredients in our formulations. When combined with Ginger to create a traditional Ayurvedic blend, the Irwin Naturals® BioPerine® Complex takes bioavailability to the next level.
Double-Potency 5-HTP Extra™ is a comprehensive formula designed to support mood and relaxation. This product includes 5-HTP, plus some of the most revered botanicals to uplift the mind and promote relaxation and calmness. It can be taken daily to help promote a more balanced state of mind.
- Grant, B. Prevalence and Co-Occurrence of Substance Use Disorders and Independent Mood and Anxiety Disorders. Archives of General Psychiatry, vol. 61, pp. 807–816 (2004).
- Winans, E. Mood Disorders: Bipolar and Major Depressive Disorders. American College of Clinical Pharmacy (2005).
- Alternative Medicine Review – 5-Hydroxytryptophan. Monograph (2001).
- Jangid, P., Malik, P., Singh, P., Sharma, M. & Gulia, A. K. D. Comparative study of efficacy of l-5-hydroxytryptophan and fluoxetine in patients presenting with the first depressive episode. Asian J. Psychiatry 6, 29–34 (2013).
- Hoogendijk, et al. Depression is Associated with Decreased 25-Hydroxyvitamin D and Increased Parathyroid Hormone Levels in Older Adults. Archives of General Psychiatry. 65(5):508-512 (2008).
- Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 17(Suppl 1):167-8 (2008).
- Jang HS, et al. L-theanine partially counteracts caffeine-induced sleep disturbances in rats. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 101(2):217–21 (2012).
- Jahnen-Dechent, W. & Ketteler, M. Magnesium basics. Clin. Kidney J. 5, i3–i14 (2012).
- Duggan, P. F., McKeown, H. & Harrington, M. G. Muscle contraction and the relative roles of calcium and magnesium. Ir. J. Med. Sci. 1, 73–78 (1968).
- Gholap, S. and Kar, A. Hypoglycaemic effects of some plant extracts are possibly mediated through inhibition in corticosteroid concentration. Pharmazie 59(11):876-878 (2004).