Details on Prosta-Strong RED™
Prostate and Sexual Health: The Connection
Sexual function is another important aspect of men’s health. Research shows that maintaining a high level of sexual satisfaction is essential to happiness, quality of life, and well-being.
Male sexual health depends on the balanced interworking of many organ systems. Because the reproductive system is so closely linked with the urinary tract, urinary health is important for sexual health. Keeping the prostate healthy is key to supporting optimal urine flow and vitality and is crucial to maintaining a healthy sexual function.
To address these 2 critical and interconnected aspects of men’s health, we developed Prosta-Strong RED™, a 2-in-1 formula that not only supports prostate health but also provides nitric oxide boosters to help support blood flow, thereby supporting sexual function.
Prosta-Strong RED™: Prostate Support Formula
Prosta-Strong RED™ is a multi-pronged formula designed to support optimal prostate health and normal urinary flow.
This comprehensive formula supplies saw palmetto, a small palm native to Florida that has a long history of supporting prostate health. It contains numerous fatty acids and sterols, including beta-sitosterol. In a systematic review of randomized controlled trials including 2,939 men, saw palmetto yielded increased urinary flow rate.
Research suggests that this botanical may exert its effects by inhibiting the enzyme 5-alpha reductase responsible for the conversion of testosterone into dihydrotestosterone and the subsequent binding to receptors within the prostate that normally causes cellular growth stimulation. In addition, saw palmetto may inhibit the enzyme 5-lipoxygenase, reducing the synthesis of several mediators of inflammation within the prostate.
Pygeum, an extract from an African evergreen tree, has been traditionally used to promote bladder and prostate health. Its bark contains phytosterols, including beta-sitosterol, plus unique fatty acids. These ingredients may inhibit the production of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins in the prostate. Several studies have supported the use of Pygeum in the management of prostate health.[5,6]
Prosta-Strong RED™ also includes beta-sitosterols that may help support prostate health as well as urinary flow, and pumpkin seed oil that contains beneficial essential fatty acids and phytosterols.[7,8]
Zinc is found at its highest concentration within the healthy prostate. Preliminary research indicates that zinc prostate concentration may be lower in men with prostate conditions as compared to those with a healthy prostate, suggesting an important role of zinc in prostate health.[9,10]
Prosta-Strong RED™: Blood Flow Support Formula
In addition to supporting prostate health, Prosta-Strong RED™ is designed to boost critical levels of nitric oxide in the body, thereby helping to support blood flow.
Nitric oxide plays an integral role in the male sexual response; when sufficient levels of nitric oxide are present in the body, blood circulates to vital organs, and erections occur during the normal course of intimacy.
Our advanced formulation
supplies L-Citrulline – an amino acid that is readily converted to L-Arginine, the precursor of nitric oxide. L-Citrulline has been clinically studied to support the male sexual response, including the hardness of erections.[12,13]
Our formula also delivers ginkgo, a botanical that has been shown to support nitric oxide synthesis in animal and in vitro studies, as well as beetroot, which naturally contains nitrates that can be used to produce nitric oxide in the body.[14,15]
- American Cancer Society, 2015. http://www.cancer.org/cancer/prostatecancer/detailedguide/prostate-cancer-key-statistics
- Alternative Medicine Review – Saw Palmetto. Monograph (2002).
- Nicolosi, et al. Sexual behavior and sexual dysfunctions after age 40: the global study of sexual attitudes and behaviors. Urology. 2004; 64: 991–997.
- Wilt,T. J., Ishani, A., Stark, G. Saw palmetto extracts for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a systematic review. JAMA 11-11;280(18):1604-1609 (1998).
- Alternative Medicine Review – Pygeum. Monograph (2002).
- Wilt T, Ishani A, Mac Donald R. Pygeum africanum for benign prostatic hyperplasia. Journal of the American College of Physicians Club. Sep-Oct;137(2):61 (2002).
- Alternative Medicine Review – Plant Sterols and Sterolins. Monograph (2001).
- Procida, G., Stancher, B., Cateni, F. & Zacchigna, M. Chemical composition and functional characterization of commercial pumpkin seed oil. J. Sci. Food Agric. 93, 1035–1041 (2013).
- Kelleher, S. L., McCormick, N. H., Velasquez, V. & Lopez, V. Zinc in Specialized Secretory Tissues: Roles in the Pancreas, Prostate, and Mammary Gland. Adv. Nutr. Int. Rev. J. 2, 101–111 (2011).
- Gomez Y et al. Zinc levels in prostatic fluid of patients with prostate pathologies. Invest Clin; 48(3): 287-94 (2007).
- Burnett, A. Nitric Oxide Regulation of Penile Erection: Biology and Therapeutic Implications. Journal of Andrology. 23(5): S20-26 (2002).
- Schwedhelm, et al. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic of oral L-Citrulline and L-Arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmaco. 65(1): 51–59 (2007).
- Cormio, et al. Oral L-Citrulline Supplementation Improves Erection Hardness in Men With Mild Erectile Dysfunction. Urology. 77(1): 119-122 (2011).
- Koltermann, A. et al. Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 increases endothelial nitric oxide production in vitro and in vivo. Cell. Mol. Life Sci. CMLS 64, 1715–1722 (2007).
- Jones, A. M. Dietary Nitrate Supplementation and Exercise Performance. Sports Med. Auckl. Nz 44, 35-45 (2014).
- Bach, et al. Medium-Chain Triglycerides: an Update. Am J Clin Nutr. 36(5):950-962 (1982).